As a Tower Foreman, this position is responsible for reading and understanding the requirements of the job, assigning duties for completion, and monitoring the crew to ensure work is being completed efficiently and within quality standards. As Wireless Foreman, this position is responsible for constructing of Wireless Infrastructure while maintaining timelines and managing budgets accordingly.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reads blueprints and job specifications in order to lay out the job and assign tasks.
- Determines which tasks are assigned to each employee to ensure efficient completion of the project.
- Oversees and instructs the setup of traffic control according to local and state requirements.
- Ensures that all SOW’s (Scope of work) are being managed and delegated properly.
- Inspects safety equipment, tools, machinery and vehicles to make certain they are in good condition and function properly.
- Create BOM (Bill of material) orders for management to place as needed.
- Provides regular updates to the area manager regarding the progress of the job and the estimated time left to complete the work.
- Creates the asbuilts and completes daily timesheets detailing the work completed, employees on the job, and equipment used.
- Conducts regular tailgate safety meetings.
- Enforces all company safety policies and procedures.
- Safely and effectively operate aerial lifts, bucket trucks and other types of equipment needed for the trade.
- Properly follows company and OSHA safety procedures and brings problems to the attention of the Safety Manager.
- Follows daily procedures and protocols set forth in the description of the project.
- Performs routing inspections on equipment and reports findings to the supervisor.
1. Plans and prioritizes work activities and uses time efficiently to complete projects.
2. Ability to work as a team, provide direction to co-workers, and resolve conflict.
3. Must have good judgment.
4. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
5. Considerable knowledge of Wireless Infrastructure and Carrier Standards.
6. Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations.
7. The ability to communicate in person, via telephone, and in writing.
8. Must be committed to working safely.
9. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
This job operates outside in a field construction environment and is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level may range from moderate to loud. Work is performed on Towers, Rooftops, and in the ROW (Right of way) and may include coming in contact with wildlife-type elements. Appropriate personal protective equipment is required at all times.
This job has specific physical requirements detailed on the attached Physical Demands Checklist.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with the opportunity for overtime. Due to the nature of our business, there will be occasions that require working after normal business hours including nights and weekends.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
Graduation from High School or GED Equivalent
Valid CA Driver License
Tower Safety and Rescue Certified
2-4 years of experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.