This position is responsible for installing and maintaining communication services, facilities, and products in assigned work areas for SECC Wireless customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Installation of RF equipment on Towers, Rooftops and in the ROW (Right of way) in accordance with company safety policy and procedures.
- Perform different types of testing and record data for closeout deliverables.
- Utilizes necessary equipment including bucket trucks, different types of aerial lifts, Digger Dereck’s, Winch’s and associated hardware to complete assigned tasks.
- Perform troubleshoot and maintenance as well as supporting IX (Integration) type functions.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, email, or in person.
- Utilizes safe climbing practices to work off poles or from a bucket truck. (Small Cell)
- Works with utility inspectors and company representatives to coordinate the completion of work.
- Completes all required documentation and reports in a timely fashion.
1. Knowledgeable of GO95 utility practices for Small Cell applications.
2. Comfortable working in confined spaces and ascending/descending utility poles. (Small Cell)
3. Knowledgeable with testing and troubleshooting applications. (PIM/Sweep/RET/Fiber scope)
4. Ability to perform strenuous physical labor under all types of conditions.
5. Experience with bucket trucks, diggers, boom lifts and other types of equipment known to the trade.
6. The ability to communicate in person, via telephone, and in writing.
7. Must be committed to working safely.
8. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
This job operates outside in a field construction environment and is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. This work may range from moderate to loud noise levels. Work is generally performed on Towers, Rooftops and in the ROW (Right of way) and may include coming in contact with various traffic conditions, wildlife and the general public.
This job has specific physical requirements detailed on the attached Physical Demands Checklist.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with the opportunity for overtime. Due to the nature of our business, there will be occasions that require working after normal business hours including nights and weekends.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
Graduation from High School or GED Equivalent
Valid CA Driver License
Testing Certifications recommended but not required.
1 year experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.